New Business Sales Director / VP New Business Sales (m/f/d)
For over 40 years, ARIAN have been creating, producing and delivering purposeful and artful campaigns for retailers and brands. We deliver visual in-store and out of home solutions globally on a daily basis and are passionate about working sustainability. Our head office and main production site is in Graz, Austria, with a multi-lingual support service team working across Europe to deliver for our customers.
This role is focused on delivering new business sales for the Group across our integrated production and managed services portfolio. The role holder will be an experienced sales professional with a proven track record of sourcing and converting international sales opportunities within the marketing communications solution sphere. You will have an extensive network of contacts up to C-suite level and the ability to successfully exploit this network to generate turnover and sustained profitability.
The role is remote with regular international travel.
Key Aspects of the role:
• Develop and execute a global strategic sales plan (in-line with Group strategy) to achieve new business sales targets, expanding existing customer base and markets served
• Personally deliver new business sales, pro-actively selling our integrated production agency products and managed services solutions
• Prospect, initiate, and nurture business relationships to generate new business opportunities.
• Target key decision-makers, determine buying readiness and timelines
• Provide market feedback, reporting potential customers feedback and competitive analysis to assist in product & service development
• Establish personal sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets by markets, sectors and product / service mix and project expected sales volumes and profit
• Maintain a healthy pipeline of new business opportunities which is consistently being updated and reported on
• Maintain and exceed sales targets by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating with relevant professional groups
• Regular networking to ensure the Group is involved with any relevant global opportunities
• Take a lead role in the development of tender and bid proposals, presentations and commercial negotiations
• Work closely with the CMO and sales teams, globally and regionally, to align on strategy and lead generation
• Identify opportunities for further business growth, for example, new product and service offering, emerging markets etc
• Regular formal reporting to the Senior Leadership Team to update on progress and highlight successes and challenges
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create effective ‘go to market’ materials to fully exploit the Group’s potential
• Work with other areas of the business e.g. Production, Client Services, Operations, Marketing and Finance to ensure the successful introduction of new customer wins
Key Skills and Experience
• 10+ years experience in a new business sales role with a proven track record of securing new business across multiple service lines and markets with a hit rate of multiple contract wins of €1million + per annum, per contract
• Marketing communication solutions background (print, digital, creative execution etc) with a deep understanding of value drivers and what it takes to secure contracts in this area
• Must have worked in B2B
• An experienced and proven sales ‘Hunter and Closer’ with proven commercial negotiation skills
• Proven experience in accurately forecasting and hitting revenue targets
• Passionate for winning, with a team player mentality
• Strong work ethic, integrity, and desire to succeed
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• A highly organized, detail oriented, patient, customer-oriented, analytical, strategic, mature approach, with a global mind-set
• English speaking; German speaking would be a key advantage
• Excellent financial and commercial acumen.
• Self-motivated and driven
• Proven success in developing and deploying, winning sales strategies
• Experience in selling to large enterprise and mid-market companies across a variety of industry sectors (most notably global brands and retailers)
• Experience with analysis, forecasting and market analysis.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Form button below.